Table of contents

Table of contents

by Vishal E -
Number of replies: 4

Hello Moodlers,

Is there an easy way to add 'Table of contents' in Moodle? We mostly need them in our page resources.

I found https://moodle.org/plugins/filter_toc which seems quite useful but unfortunately it is not maintained after Moodle 3.3. I still tried using it in my 3.7 setup, but in vain.

Can somebody please help me in this?

Regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vishal E

Re: Table of contents

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

For courses or the whole site? Courses: just create an html block, call it table of contents, put the links you want in with the descriptors you want.

For the site....it is too early in the morning for me to try to brain that.  Maybe a Lesson with a table of contents with a table on each section for each thing you want?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melanie Scott

by Vishal E -

Hi Melanie,

It was intended for course level (in the resources, like page). Using a block and adding links manually will be a tedious job to do. The filter_toc does exactly what is intended. But it isn't maintained for latest moodle versions.

Regards

In reply to Vishal E

by Mohammad Nabil -
add a plugin block : Course Module Navigation
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mohammad Nabil

by Vishal E -

Thank u for your reply. But the said plugin doesn't serve the purpose. It lists the sections and resources/activities in those sections.

What we want is simple table of contents derived from all the headings (h1, h2, etc) in the page resources. filter_toc does exactly that, but unfortunately it is not maintained.