How to allow signing up for multiple sessions with Face-To-Face?

How to allow signing up for multiple sessions with Face-To-Face?

by Rui Hu -
Number of replies: 4

I did a lot of search and found that there were some PHP code hack in the year of 2012 discussion. 

But later discussions are saying that Face-to-Face are meant to be for one session only registration. If someone wants to re-register for a future session, they would have to be marked as "No-show" for the session that they registered before. 

However, we have very large population of participants and very few people to actually watch the attendance. It would be hard to compare each person and mark people who didn't show up as no-show.  Is there a way to just open up the registration list to allow multiple signing up?

Thanks!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rui Hu

Re: How to allow signing up for multiple sessions with Face-To-Face?

by Marco Eastwood -
I am also looking for a solution for this. Does anyone have the hack they can post here? Thanks!
In reply to Marco Eastwood

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I've been using face-to-face for 11 years and the answer has been NO the whole time. Marking them anything will allow them to re-register. Just mark each session. If you don't care if they actually attend or not, mark everyone attended...

And for the inevitable next question, (can we have a select all?) probably not. I've asked the question several times over the years and again, the answer has been no. But it sure would be nice. I've heard the original developers have taken f2f up several levels but I don't think the new code is available to the community (and, that might just be hearsay).
In reply to Melanie Scott

by Marco Eastwood -

Thanks Melanie. As to marking them anything - I cannot see that option at the moment??

Finally do you know of any other booking systems that allow this in Moodle?

Was looking at 'Booking', but I cannot actually test it on moodlebites cause it doesn't let me create a new account. 

Essentially we run a series of workshops at different times and we want students to be able to sign up to multple AND receive email confirmations and notifications. 

Any help much appreciated. 

Thanks

In reply to Marco Eastwood

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
If it does not give you the option to take attendance, the date is still in the future. You can only take attendance after the session begins.

Back in '08, still in the days of 1.9...I did a bunch of research on something like this. I found nothing that has the functionality of f2f...attendance might be more what you're looking for...but I think it tracks more of a day to day thing and, again, requires marking.

At my prior job, we customized f2f to add an attendance by id option. We all had magnetic strip ID badges that had our id numbers coded in, so we could connect a usb swiper (or use a keyboard with a swiper) and as people walked in, they could swipe for attendance. Or the teacher could type in their ID's manually. Or could copy the list of swipes and paste it in for additional sessions (we frequently had back to back classes and people were required to attend several on the same day). It was pretty slick. The guy who wrote the code said it wasn't too hard. But that was a code hack and I can't share it...I don't work there any longer and they a) stopped using moodle and b) were resistant to sharing (I don't know why, the director was like that. Didn't like Moodle or open source, liked secret squirrel, now he's paying over $50,000 a year for something that doesn't have the flexibility Moodle has).