I have tried both GIFT and Moodle XML formats to import multiple choice questions to a quiz (Moodle 3.5.2). But when I open any of the questions after import, all of choices are empty. Here is the entire process:
- I have an Excel file containing all the questions and their answers with fields containing choice grades and other settings per question.
- I have created a mail merge in Word to bulk-create questions in GIFT or Moodle XML formats
- I copy-paste the entire text from Word to notepad, save it as a UTF-8 encoded file and use Notepad++ to convert all CrLfs to Lf (this last attempt is a test to see if it works. I have tried without this too)
- I upload GIFT or Moodle XML format file to Moodle, absolutely no errors are displayed and import is successful
- I go to question bank and see all the questions are there
- I open one of the questions in random, all the choices are empty! (Before complete load of page, as displayed in attachment, choices are there. But when page is loaded completely, they go!)
- I check page source, nothing there
- I export the questions to original format I imported from, all the questions and choices are there! (Proving that original file is imported with no problem)
- When I preview a question, no choices are displayed, instead some deformed elements on the page (Picture attached)
What's wrong with my Moodle?!