How to make assignment and forum tags visible to students?

How to make assignment and forum tags visible to students?

by Mahoma Iza Villalba -
Number of replies: 3

I have created some assignments and some forums for my students to work on. To each I have added tags (that I added to the list of standard tags), describing the skills that I wish to foster by doing the activity. 

However my students do not see this information. So that makes me wonder what the purpose of tags is and whether I can change some setting to make them visible

I'm using the latest version of Moodle. 

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mahoma Iza Villalba

Re: How to make assignment and forum tags visible to students?

by Moumita Adak -
Hi,
You can use the "Tags" block. To add this block please logged in as site administrator > Click on the "Turn editing on" link of Actions menu from top-right > Click on the "Add a block" from nav-drawer then choose "Tags" and configure this block as per your requirements.

Thanks & Regards,
Moumita
In reply to Moumita Adak

by Mahoma Iza Villalba -
Thanks Moumita.
I followed your advice but I guess that I misunderstood the purpose of tags. I was thinking of something that shows with each assignment, like part of the description almost, where it informs the students what type of skills they are going to work on by completing the assignment..
But it seems this creates a menu with the types of assignments that have that tag.
In reply to Mahoma Iza Villalba

by Troy Patterson -
Hi. Tags can be useful for reporting. For example, we have created all of our standards as Tags.

The Tag block can then provide links back to Activities that address that standard. Additionally, Configurable reports can be, well, configured to report on tags.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)