Manual enrollment from cohort

Re: Manual enrollment from cohort

by Susan Mangan -
Number of replies: 1

Failing that ... this looks like an interesting hack that might work!?  

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=325615

I'm not sure how the functionality will act when it comes time to "manually enrol" users in these different hidden categories. 

I haven't tried this myself but you can try playing around with the view participants capability as I think that is essentially what you are looking for?  I'm not sure how that would work, if at all, at the category level.

In reply to Susan Mangan

Re: Manual enrollment from cohort

by DaVinci Menno -
Hi Susan,

Thanks for sharing this link. 
I have also been looking into this matter, but the thread you are referring to works in case you make different categories for different cohorts.

I guess that if you have a small organization and client base, this may work for you. 
However, if you're talking about thousands of clients, your Moodle may become too large to manage thousands of categories. 

The only solution I have found so far, is that the administrator uploads the users through a CSV-file with the order: 
username, password, firstname, lastname, email, role1, group1, cohort1 and then enrolls the cohort for the specific course.

Or: You change the CSV-file format to:
username, firstname, lastname, email, course1, group1, role1, enrolperiod1 (optional), enrolstatus1 (optional), course2, group2, enrolperiod2, enrolstatus2., etc.

You could either enrol the cohort to the course, in which you could leave the course1 en course2 columns out of the CSV-file. and use cohort sync at course level. But it seems to me that you save yourself a lot of work if you add these fields from the beginning and skip the cohorts. 

Any thoughts?