Time notification

Time notification

by bala chandra -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

Moodle Version: 2016120502

Currently in the quiz, there are only three setting options mentioned here for the timer (Like in attached screenshot). Whereas what we want is that the student should be allowed to continue attempting the test even if the time is up. When the time is up, student should be notified and asked whether he wants to submit the test or continue attempting it. If the student continue to attempt the quiz in the review section and summary it has to be mentioned that an extra x time was taken by the student.

Any possibility for this?? Any plugin that can be used.

Regards,

Balachandra

Attachment download.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to bala chandra

Re: Time notification

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
It appears to me that you do not want any time limit. Even if the student were notified that "you have spent 1 hour on this quiz" that you still do nothing, meaning there is no negative consequence.

Consider simply exporting the quiz results and then using (Excel or your favorite spreadsheet program) to analyze the quiz duration. For example," filter and count quizzes where the student spent more than 1 hour on it."
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by bala chandra -
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply.

What you say is right in case only the teacher or the admin wants to have the report!. But, I want the student to notified too.
I want to notify the student that we have allotted some particular time which is the best time to finish the quiz. But, he can continue attempting, as this is just practice section, he can review how long he has taken to complete the quiz, and improve this time for next attempt.
Could you please guide me which function handles the time overdue part.

Thanks in advance

In reply to bala chandra

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

When you say, "I want to notify the student that we have allotted some particular time" it doesn't appear that you have.  It appears that you have allotted unlimited time.  I don't understand why it is important for Moodle to say "You have spent 1 hour on this quiz, but you can have as much time as you wish."

The quiz "Timing" settings is where you can limit the quiz's time, if this is what you mean.  There are also quiz "Review" options that you can explore.

In reply to bala chandra

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello Ballachandra,

If you are wanting to know where this is done as far as making a change in the code, it would be in the Quiz access rule plugin that limits the time, either timelimit or openclosedate.