Forum discussion not sending email notificatin

Forum discussion not sending email notificatin

by umar farooq -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I have an issue with my moodle 3.4 and I upgraded my moodle to 3.8.1  but my issue remains
 when any forum discussion happens then there will no any email notification occur 
I have tried all possible solutions:

Forum preferences

Preferences / User account / Forum preferences
Email digest type: No digest (single email per forum post) [selected]
Forum auto-subscribe : Yes: when I post, subscribe me to that forum discussion [selected]

* same Setting from the admin side  here => Dashboard Site administration / Users / Accounts User default preferences

2. Cron.php file Diagnose

Dashboard / Site administration / Security / Site policies

verify from cron.php file 
 I run it manually like this method 

http://site.example.com/admin/cron.php?password=opensesame

after run this cron.php then revice all my email and notificaion on my email address

3. Scheduled tasks

Dashboard / Scheduled tasks / Forum mailings and maintenance jobs

when i tried in moodle 3.4 on scheduled tasks side and run this forum mailings task then i got error

*Scheduled task failed: Forum mailings and maintenance jobs (mod_forum\task\cron_task),Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Function cron_setup_user() cannot be used in normal requests!
after upgradation to 3.8.1 there is no any optopn manually run this on Scheduled tasks section

Average of ratings: -
In reply to umar farooq

Re: Forum discussion not sending email notificatin

by Mohammad Nabil -
are you sure that no email notifications at all ? or the emails go to spam folder?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mohammad Nabil

by umar farooq -
yes I'm sure
when I run cron.php file manually from browser then email receive normally
In reply to Mohammad Nabil

by Greg Samways -

Mohammad,  I am having the same problems as Umar.  I eventually received notifications be email when I ran the cron manually in the browser.  Does that mean I have kicked it in to life now, or is there still going to be a problem running the cron automatically?

BTW, I am running Moodle 3.9

In reply to umar farooq

by Wearable World -

Have you checked your spam folder? I am having doubt on you buddy. You must navigate to spam folder. After reading your post I wanna too share one of my problem I am not able to take print out of any post from various websites? Why Plz help me Plz .....

Attachment Without wireless router.gif
In reply to Wearable World

by Greg Samways -
Hi Wearable World! I am not getting any forum notifications when I am logged in and I only get email forum notifications if i run the cron manually through the browser. What am I missing?
In reply to umar farooq

by Yusuf Abubakar -
Best site for disposable temporary email. Highly recommended.
gmailnator.rf.gd