Installing to a desktop

Installing to a desktop

by jesse hedrick -
Number of replies: 5

I know Moodle 3.8 is intended to be installed on a server but I am new to it as was looking to play with it some in order to see if it would need my course development needs. Is there a way to install it self contained to a desktop computer either Mac or PC (I have access to both)?

Related to that, I know that I missed the MOOC that started in mid January, are there any other recommended resources for beginners?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jesse hedrick

Re: Installing to a desktop

by James Steerpike -
My suggestion is don't install it at this stage. MoodleCloud will let you experiment with course development for free. Any course you create can be downloaded using course backup and moved to a server later. Or you can continue using Moodlecloud as  a production server.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to jesse hedrick

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

About the MOOC https://learn.moodle.org: Yes, you can't finish all the course requirements now, since you've missed a critical deadline (which was 29.1.). But thanks to the technology, 80% of the content is still on-line and you can take part in the activities, even recordings of the video sessions are there. The course will be put into read-only mode only on Monday 17 February.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
As for other recommended resources for beginners with MoodleCloud, watch this space.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)