Not able to launch moodle due to Invalid permission for directory

Not able to launch moodle due to Invalid permission for directory

by Roshan Malgaonkar -
Number of replies: 5

After successful login of the moodle. I have uploaded some content in moodle site and after 2 days its throwing an error while accessing the moodle. 

I am using  Moodle 3.0 with  Apache_HTTP_Server_2.4.27_Win

Below is the error in red font and not able to access the moodle

Invalid permissions detected when trying to create a directory. Turn debugging on for further details.

I tried to giving full control the moodle folder and even change the environment variable .

Some Microsoft patches has been installed the day before site is working

Attached is the error screenshot.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Attachment Moodle_Error.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roshan Malgaonkar

Re: Not able to launch moodle due to Invalid permission for directory

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I would.... turn debugging on for further details.

See - Debugging

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Check the permissions on your Moodledata folder. Apache must be able to read and write to that Moodledata folder. That includes creating, reading and deleting folders in Moodledata.
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Roshan Malgaonkar -

Hi,

I tried after giving full access to moodledata folder but still facing the same issue with previous error message.

What can i do apart from this.

I am not able to start debugging because no home page or login page is coming for login.

I am attaching the screenshot.  Am i selecting correct Group or User names to give access?

Thanks in Advance!! 

Attachment Moodledata_Access.jpg

Not able to launch the Moodle site after few minutes

by Roshan Malgaonkar -

Hi,

I am able to start the Moodle site after renaming the folders from cache folder.

But now facing different issue that moodle stop working after 10-15 mins as apache and MySQL service stopped on virtual machine. Is any specific setting which i needs to running them continuously ?

I am starting the moodle using the "Start Moodle.exe" from which XAMPP startes the apache and MySQL on my VM

I am using windows server 2012 r2 as my virtual machine.

Thanks in Advance!!!