Editor does not show all content on wiki page

Editor does not show all content on wiki page

by Peter Crownfield -
Number of replies: 2

I have a wiki page that consists of a line or two of intro text + 2 bullet lists with headings. [See screenshot]

The editor decided to make a blank  ¶ a heading, which explains the empty TOC entry #1.

My problem is that none of the [edit] links allow me to edit the intro text — I can only get to the two bullet lists. (There are more edit links than the content justifies, but some take me to an empty editor block, while at least 2 take me to the 1st bullet list.)

Can anyone tell me how to edit the content before the TOC?

Attachment Wiki editing.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Crownfield

Re: Editor does not show all content on wiki page

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Peter,

Apologies if this seems obvious, but just checking you've tried using the Edit tab (for the page, rather than the edit links opposite items in the table of contents) and then if you are using the Atto editor, try switching to HTML view using the </> button.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Editor does not show all content on wiki page

by Peter Crownfield -

I was trying (and failed) to get those [edit] links to make sense, but I did eventually switch to using the Edit tab — but I still can't understand a couple of things about how this activity works:

• why only the forum activity uses a separate tab for editing (confusing for new users)
  • why those non-functional edit links display at all. Some of them are right on top of another.