Disagreement between User report and Grader report

Disagreement between User report and Grader report

by Doug Stevens -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all,

I've not run into this one before.  One of my teachers has found that when they look at a student in Grader Report the calculated final mark is less than what they see in the user report for the same student/class.

We are using Moodle 3.7.4 (Build: 20200113).

Any ideas?

In reply to Doug Stevens

Re: Disagreement between User report and Grader report

by Doug Stevens -

One new piece.  When I view the user report as myself, the two values match.  When I look at the user report as the student I see an inflated grade.

In reply to Doug Stevens

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You probably have something hidden in the user report that is not hidden in the grader report.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Doug Stevens -
Thanks for the thought Emma, but unfortunately they match (same items showing hidden in both). What's really weird is that it impacts all students in the class but only when the user report is viewed as the student. Which does hint at a visibility issue.
In reply to Doug Stevens

by Doug Stevens -
Why do we always figure it out right after posting! smile . Emma you were correct. The teacher had added a single uncategorized task and then hid it. The task had a weighting which of course meant that if you were looking as a teacher it would calculate as a 0 and then not when looking at it as a student.

Thanks,
Doug