Error: "Your session has timed out. Please login again." after sending email for forgot password using Chrome and Firefox

Error: "Your session has timed out. Please login again." after sending email for forgot password using Chrome and Firefox

by Maria Cruiz -
Number of replies: 1

I am using Moodle version  3.5.5+ (Build: 20190427). I have the Moodle session timeout set to default 2hours. My SMTP settings in the Outgoing email has been configured as well. I am new to Moodle and I am developing this elearning project.

My issue is when going to forgot password in the login page to reset the password.

After providing the username or email address, I am getting this error:  "Your session has timed out. Please login again." And this is only happening when using Chrome or Firefox browsers.

The weird thing is, this is working using Internet Explorer and I am able to receive the email to reset my password.

I have done the following but I had no luck after all:

1. check permissions in moodledata/session -- set it to 0777
2. delete all files inside moodledata/sessions, moodledata/localcache, moodledata/cache directories
3. check the hard disk is not full. 
4. delete cookies of the browser before retrying

Do we have any specific browser settings to configure?

Thank you for your assistance.

Attachment Moodle_Forum.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maria Cruiz

Re: Error: "Your session has timed out. Please login again." after sending email for forgot password using Chrome and Firefox

by Safat Shahin -
Maria,
Can you please try using the incognito window in google chrome and check if you get the same issue? initially looks like browser caching issue.