I can't configure conditional access for activities and resources

I can't configure conditional access for activities and resources

by Aleksandro Figueiredo -
Number of replies: 5

I’m unable to configure conditional access for activities and resources. Instead of options for adding restrictions, only a textarea appears.

access restrictions textarea

If I disable all availability restrictions, the text area is replaced by the add restrictions box (below), without the options I need. If I enable any restrictions, only the text area appears.

add restriction box

Versions:

• Moodle 3.8+ (Build: 20191122);

• PHP 7.3.0.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aleksandro Figueiredo

Re: I can't configure conditional access for activities and resources

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Aleksandro,

Does your course have any activities with completion tracking enabled, grades, groups or similar? And just to be sure, have you tried in either Boost or Classic themes? From your screenshot I get the impression you're using a custom theme.
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Joost,

My first course is very simple, just the introduction (video - YouTube URL) and one topic, with four activity groups (one video lesson and one assessment - quiz) and one final review (video). It is a short course that I will use as a tool to spread the full course.

Completion tracking is enabled. Videos are set to be considered complete when the student views the activity. Assessments are considered completed when the following conditions are met: requires visualization and requires grade, without the need for a passing grade.

I am using the Moove theme, but the problem also occurs with Boost.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
When you say "disable all availability restrictions" do you mean you have some custom availability restriction plugins (like for example https://moodle.org/plugins/?q=restriction%20type:availability) I only ask because I had a similar problem once when I was using a custom availability restriction plugin that didnt work with my version of Moodle.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Mary,

I don't have custom availability restriction plugins, just the defaults (below). I tried to disable each of them because I found a case where this issue was due to a problem plugin. But if only one restriction is enabled, the box for selecting restrictions on activities and resources does not appear, just the textarea.

I solved the problem. Initially I deleted the moodle/availability/condition directory on the server and copied the Github version, but it didn't work. So I uninstalled all the availability restriction plugins, re-copied the condition directory to the server and updated the database. It is working normally.