manager role to access only the users and reports information in site administration

manager role to access only the users and reports information in site administration

by Red Abera -
Number of replies: 2

How do i assign HR staff member to only view all "Users" and "Reports" information on Site administration.

I assign the HR staff member a manager role and i then navigate to Dashboard -> Site administration->Users->Permissions->Define roles and only ticked the User box in the "Context types where this role may be assigned"

Context types where this role may be assigned
System
User
Category
Course
Activity module
Block

But HR staff member can now view the "Course" ,"Grade", "Users" and "Reports" rather than just viewing the  "Users" and "Reports". 

Do i need to edit some of the Capability permission for the HR staff member?

Many thanks for your help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Red Abera

Re: manager role to access only the users and reports information in site administration

by Jonathan Garcia -
Hi,

I tried to replicate the role configuration that you mentioned and I think the following XML is somehow close to that. it is for Moodle 3.7.
What I did was create a new role without using any of the existing archetypes and start from scratch by adding capabilities (see the XML to get in to more details).

Let me know if that helps.

Jonathan
In reply to Jonathan Garcia

Re: manager role to access only the users and reports information in site administration

by Red Abera -
Thank you for your reply and help.

I have used the xml file and it was very useful. I imported the data from the xml file.

Could you please tell you how you exported the xml file. Did you have to make changed to the xml file, after you export the data in xml file.