Quiz activity completion not accurate in certain cases

Re: Quiz activity completion not accurate in certain cases

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 0
That is a much different question. This implies that the score never populated in the grade book. I would have to student click the quiz open again and then close, that might trigger it. Or...maybe the quiz has ungraded essays? It might not populate until that is complete. The image you posted is clearly the gradebook, not the activity. And there might be quiz settings that impact how it reports to the gradebook. Not sure what...Did you check the setting for the activity in the gradebook? If they are set to locked, new grades won't populate. I really don't know how that happens but I've seen it happen a million times.

First, make sure you are on the grader report, not the user report. Turn editing on for the grader report. Having editing on in the course does not turn editing on in the gradebook (and visa versa).
turn editing on grader report
Then click the editing button for the quiz. The pencil will just let you change the name. The edit widget next to actual users will let you edit that user (override grade and such... you might make sure the grade isn't overridden, as well).

grade item settings make sure locked is not checked
If the Locked box is checked, it doesn't matter how well they do, the grade will not populate.

The grades listed in the activity are point based but your grade book is set to report percentages. This is fine, and normal, but you have to keep it in mind. They don't talk to each other the way you might hope.