Activity - Reports

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 13
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Activity - Reports

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

It shouldn't show all LMS users unless one of two conditions applies: if all accounts were assigned a system student role (which would take some work these days--and would be a terrible idea) that would be true OR if the  SCORM is in the site home page.

A SCORM in a course (not course 1) will only show the people enrolled in the course and the people with site permissions (minus specifically designated admin accounts). So, if you have twenty people listed as managers or course creators, they will show in the reports area because they technically have an inherited role plus anyone you have enrolled or allowed to self-enroll.

By default all users have a role on the Site Home page--Authenticated User. I suspect this is probably the issue.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melanie Scott

Ri: Re: Activity - Reports

by Daniel Gavriliuc -
I don't know if i understood all the things you explained (my bad english >.<) but: our scorms are only in courses, we haven't users with system permissions, except the admins. All users have the role of Authenticated User, inside courses they have the default student role, except for some group that have a non editing teacher to monitor the progress.
We enroll students with: bulk upload in cohort - inside the course a group - cohort sync with the group.

Some screens: 

There are 393 users but in the course there are only 168 users enrolled

Same course partecipants:

Another course:

In reply to Daniel Gavriliuc

Re: Ri: Re: Activity - Reports

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
A screen capture of your Enrollment Methods for this course would be helpful. smile
The Enrollment Method for the Cohort Sync is the one that needs to be examined.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Activity - Reports

by Daniel Gavriliuc -
My enroll steps are:

1.Create cohort: 

2. Create group (inside the course) with the name of the company

3. Enroll with cohort sync:

Re: Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Activity - Reports

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
The course that has more students than you expected, how does that Enrollment Method cohort look like? Does it display 378 members to the cohort?
If it does, you need to adjust that cohort's membership to be only the students for that course.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Activity - Reports

by Daniel Gavriliuc -

It's not the curse that has more students, it's the activity>report, all the activity (only scorm) have more users in the activity>report tab. 

Re: Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Activity - Reports

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Ah. for the course's SCORM activity, The Reports tab has four reports. Basic Report, Graph Report, Interactions Report and the Objectives Report. They is no Activity Report.
When you examine the Interactions Report, is the same students displayed multiple times?
The Interactions Report displays each attempt by a student.
While you had really helpful screen captures, how you described it was a little confusing. The Course Activity report is tied directly to enrollments, which is why there is some troubleshooting confusion.

If you believe that a student is not enrolled in the SCORM course, go back to the Participants list, are those students displayed on the Participants List?
If they are displayed, hover over the I (Information) icon, the Enrollment method will be displayed and you will know why that are on the SCORM Interactions Report.

Re: Ri: Re: Activity - Reports

by Melanie Scott -
Might be more helpful to show your course enrollment pages or site settings. If you use course categories, do you have everyone assigned as anything at that level? Did you modify student role settings?

And check your cohorts--what cohorts are assigned to the courses and who is assigned to each one?

You've told the courses you want those the people there in some way, possibly on accident. It used to be much easier to do that (they've made it harder, thankfully) but it is still possible.

Also--go to Participants, which is your list of enrolled users; if only the number of people you want show up in the course appear on that list, click the Actions menu widget drop down (above Enrol Users if you have manual enrolments enabled), and choose Other users. This will show you people who have roles outside of those you directly assigned.

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Activity - Reports

by Daniel Gavriliuc -

Might be more helpful to show your course enrollment pages or site settings. If you use course categories, do you have everyone assigned as anything at that level? Did you modify student role settings? 

No one is assigned at a category level and i never changed the role settings.

And check your cohorts--what cohorts are assigned to the courses and who is assigned to each one?

Every cohort is assigned to a group in a course, some users are assigned at many cohorts.

Also--go to Participants, which is your list of enrolled users; if only the number of people you want show up in the course appear on that list,

I use the manual enroll only for people from our company or for other people that want to try a demo (our demo are a course with only one activity=scorm). I have only a demo course with self enroll enabled.

click the Actions menu widget drop down (above Enrol Users if you have manual enrolments enabled), and choose Other users. This will show you people who have roles outside of those you directly assigned.

I don't see nothing strange there, if i click "other users" i see this:

If i click "assign roles" i can see what roles are assigned in the course, all are "students" except for the "non-editing teachers". 

Re: Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Activity - Reports

by Melanie Scott -
So, it shows 175 students but 375 students show on your activity report. And no other roles show up. How many students appear on the list of participants (not your cohorts or your student list, ?
This is really weird. There has to be something in your roles or settings that makes it do that but I'm having trouble thinking of what it might be. Maybe permissions have been changed by accident? Those shouldn't make unenrolled people appear on an activity report but I suppose it could do...do you have any other activities in the course? Do extra people show up there?
Did you modify the authenticated user role at all?
Are you using a custom theme? That assign roles image looks suspiciously like a very old version but nothing else fits with old version (cohorts were added in 2.x, and you have those)--the only place I see an Assign roles list like that is at the top site level or course 1 (front page). The assign roles language went away with 2.X How do you get to this 'assign roles in course' screen?

To help alleviate the problems caused by this (non-troubleshooting), have you enabled separate groups in the SCORM? It won't change the number of students but it could resolve your immediate issue. You said everyone is assigned to a group. with groups enabled in the activity settings, you could just tell it you only want to see specific groups. This would be good regardless, since you have 175 people and that's a lot.

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Activity - Reports

by Daniel Gavriliuc -

So, it shows 175 students but 375 students show on your activity report. 

Exactly, 

And no other roles show up. How many students appear on the list of participants (not your cohorts or your student list, ?

In the partecipants list 175 (the real number of enrolled users), in the Completition report i see also 175 partecipants, not 375(the total number of users on the lms)

There has to be something in your roles or settings that makes it do that but I'm having trouble thinking of what it might be. 

I watched all the rules of the student role but i don't see anything strange. edit: i confronted the student role with the student role of another moodle without the bug and they are the same.

Maybe permissions have been changed by accident? 

This could be possible, did you know if there is an option to set roles to default?

do you have any other activities in the course? Do extra people show up there?

I have the certificate, made with Simple Certificate plugin. No extra people cause the certificate don't have a report tab.

Did you modify the authenticated user role at all?

Nothing changed.

Are you using a custom theme?

Yes, we use the Moove theme.

That assign roles image looks suspiciously like a very old version but nothing else fits with old version (cohorts were added in 2.x, and you have those)--the only place I see an Assign roles list like that is at the top site level or course 1 (front page). 

I really don't have an answer for this, i tried with the Boost theme and the assign roles is the same. Now i noticed that we have an old version of moodle, maybe is there the problem (Moodle 3.7.1+ (Build: 20190718)). 

To help alleviate the problems caused by this (non-troubleshooting), have you enabled separate groups in the SCORM?

You're referring to this option? cause i have it enabled on every course:

and every module:

Re: Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Activity - Reports

by Melanie Scott -
I really don't know what to tell you...that seems like very strange behavior and is not typical of SCORM or anything in Moodle. Your Moodle version is not very old...the versions I'm talking about haven't been supported in over five years--but I don't think that is the problem. I think maybe the assign roles thing is just from the other users screen--only place I can figure...

So, we're back to a workaround rather than a fix--since you use groups and separate, try putting all your course students in a group (maybe called SCORM) and then display the group only when looking at scorm reports. It doesn't resolve the weird but it does reduce visual load.

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.