Language customization error

Language customization error

by ali Abdelwahed -
Number of replies: 10

Using Moodle 3.7.3 (Build: 20191111)

I'm having Error when I want to customize the language pack "English" or "Arabic" 

but no problem with the "Turkish" or "Español_internacional" pack customization 

I get this error about wrtting in the database:

Error writing to database

More information about this error

Debug info: Duplicate entry 'en-472-reusecontent' for key 'mdlnj_toolcust_lancomstr_uix'

INSERT INTO mdlnj_tool_customlang (lang,componentid,stringid,original,master,timemodified,outdated,local,timecustomized) VALUES(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

[array (

0 => 'en',

1 => '472',

2 => 'reusecontent',

3 => 'Reuse Content',

4 => 'Reuse Content',

5 => 1573841058,

6 => 0,

7 => NULL,

8 => NULL,

)]

Error code: dmlwriteexception

×Stack trace:

• line 489 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_write_exception thrown
  • line 1331 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 1377 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw()
  • line 191 of /admin/tool/customlang/locallib.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record()
  • line 60 of /admin/tool/customlang/index.php: call to tool_customlang_utils::checkout()

we use many plugins
We can not delete them and to ensure that these plugins are not the cause of the problem we installed all of them on a trial version of the site it did not occur any problems.
Can you help please ?

Attachment 111111111111111.JPG
Attachment 22222.JPG
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to ali Abdelwahed

Re: Language customization error

by koen roggemans -
iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa}

Ouch. One of those again? https://lang.moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=7554

reuseContent | core_h5p

reusecontent | hvp

The reason is the use of he same string name with different case

Are you running this on a Windows server, a Windows desktop or a mac? Basically a device with a file system that is not case sensitive?

Average of ratings:Useful (3)
In reply to koen roggemans

إعادة: Re: Language customization error

by ali Abdelwahed -
thank you for your reply
Windows desktop
?How to solve this problem please

إعادة: Re: Language customization error

by ali Abdelwahed -

I deleted the H5P add completely from the website the problem ended

But when I installed it again the same problem came back

?What is the solution

In reply to ali Abdelwahed

Re: إعادة: Re: Language customization error

by koen roggemans -
iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa}
It's a bug. I reported in on https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-67302
For now: use a linux computer or make the change manually in moodledata/lang/xx_local/filename.php
Average of ratings:Useful (1)

Re: إعادة: Re: Language customization error

by Bente Olsen -
iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa}
Unfortunately I've got the error on a LiteSpeed server sad I don't know if it act as a wanna-be-Windows server or it just misunderstood something else wink
I can not load the lang pack for editing via Site administration→Language→
Language customisation. But I can go directly to mysite/admin/tool/customlang/edit.php?lng=da&p=0 and translate strings. I have just translated the string mod_hvp | reuseContent, just as normal.
I had a look at the workaround on github, but I do not understand how to use it.

by Kate Rhodes -
I've got the same problem... sad
Running Moodle 3.8... can't customize my language file anymore. I did post in the bug tracker as well. I thought I might be able to uninstall H5P but it won't let me, says it's a core plugin.
In reply to Kate Rhodes

by Ralf E. -

Unfortunetly the same problem here.

Moodle 3.7.3+ - H5P plugin installed. Only the English (EN) language pack generates an error.

In reply to Ralf E.

by koen roggemans -
Average of ratings:Useful (2)

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa}
"on non-case sensitive file systems"

Really? Do they exist anymore? I thought MS-DOS and early MS Windows versions, which were a "shell" around MS-DOS were the last.
;-(
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by koen roggemans -

No, all Microsoft and Apple file systems are case insensitive, however NTFS  and HFS+ can be configured to be case sensitive (not by default).