can i make my moodlesite available only via mobile or tab ?

can i make my moodlesite available only via mobile or tab ?

by Mohammad Nabil -
Number of replies: 11

can i make my  moodlesite available only via mobile or tab ?
i mean that it can open via chrom or firefox  app on mible but do not open or raise errorif opend via desktop browser
is it possible ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mohammad Nabil

Re: can i make my moodlesite available only via mobile or tab ?

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Sounds like there is more to this ... as you say '...or raise error if opened via desktop browser.'

If there is an error, wouldn't it be best to fix the error rather than hide it?

Besides that ... users having the ability to use browser on mobile/tab gives them an alt if the app they are using is broken/having issues ... or app just can't/won't do something.

Unless I am just totally not understanding.

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

by Mohammad Nabil -
sorry for short not detilaed enough question ,and thants to fast replay
in fact i asked for a simple video protection , just to prevent ordinary users from direct and easy downlod video , and someone here ( may be kin or rick) help me add one line of code in the php file of video player so the right click is disabled also in mobile web browser application the availability to direct downlod is disbled ,
it good enough for my students, but in firefox and chome there is many addons that simply download it , these addon not or dhard to be instaled in mobile version , so it seem a good extra protection( for my users)

by Dominique Palumbo -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

if it's not the problem Ken described, you can do it by adding javascript that use that object" navigator" but it's a very weak protection.
From server side you can dig here $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'].

Dominique.
In reply to Dominique Palumbo

by Mohammad Nabil -
more details please
how to make this , where to put that code .....

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It might help if you let us know what problem you are trying to solve. Why would you want to prevent users accessing Moodle from a Desktop browser? There might be things you can implement to make it more difficult, but they're unlikely to be robust. If you can explain why you want to do this in the first place, we might be able to offer an alternative solution, or address the concerns that have.

In reply to Mark Johnson

by Mohammad Nabil -
in fact i asked for a simple video protection , just to prevent ordinary users from direct and easy downlod video , and someone here ( may be kin or rick) help me add one line of code in the php file of video player so the right click is disabled also in mobile web browser application the availability to direct downlod is disbled ,
it good enough for my students, but in firefox and chome there is many addons that simply download it , these addon not or dhard to be instaled in mobile version , so it seem a good extra protection( for my users)

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No... and this is a fairly regular question... there is no way to stop users downloading video content. It's nothing to do with Moodle, it's the way the Internet works.

You can (and this is what you are trying) make it slightly inconvenient but... you are then just inconveniencing your "genuine" users for no reason and those that really want to download it will do it anyway.

I will say what I say to everybody who asks this question. Please don't take it the wrong way. You might want to consider that if your business model depends on people not downloading and saving your content then it may not be a very good business model.

AND...

Could you consider editing your profile and adding your real name. We really like to know who we are talking to wink
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Mohammad Nabil -
thank you for replay
i edited the name to :
Mohammad
Nabil Riad
also a put somr information about me ( egypt , pharmacist ,.....)
but every time i log via google it return to SmartStudy

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No worries - I've no idea how the Google integration works. I've never used it.

by Mohammad Nabil -
anyway i can use a signature
Mohammadnabil

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
As mentioned by Howard, "... there is no way to stop users downloading video content."

One thing you can do is render your own logo or identification into one of the corners of the of the video image, thus tagging a video as yours which might make down loaders think twice about trying to use it as "theirs."