Auto Enrollment

Auto Enrollment

by Dan Bell -
Number of replies: 3

Moodle 3.6.1+ (Build: 20181220) / essentials Theme

Hi,

I'm looking for an enrollment method that would auto enroll any and all users to specified courses, so not all courses.

The users are mostly LDAP authenticated user, so when the directory is updated, we dont know who or when the new users are added to moodle. So we are looking for a solution so we do not have to worry about finding who is new and taking the steps to enroll or rely on them enrolling themselves.

Any type of user is created in moodle, they are auto enrolled in specific courses is what we need. I did see an auto enroll plugin, but that did not seem like a good fit. It relied being enrolled to another course or when they login. My requirement is they are enrolled to specified courses on user creation. Wish it was as easy clicking a checkbox on the course setting that enrolls them as I've stated.

Thanks,Dan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Bell

Re: Auto Enrollment

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The most important question is - where is your enrolment data?

The "easiest" solution is usually to use "external database enrolment" (see External_database_enrolment). As your data is highly unlikely to be in a suitable format already, you should think about having an export from your student information system to an intermediate database.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Dan Bell -
Hi Howard. Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure I understand your question "where is my enrolment data?"

Seems like this is a simple feature that may contain some risk (clicking a box and inadvertently enrolling everyone), but thats the risk check box Im looking for. Our LDAP connection has taken a while to work and now it does, so I'd havea hard time getting my IT folks involved again. We were looking for a low labor solution built into the moodle GUI.
In reply to Dan Bell

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I mean how do you know that "Fred" should be enrolled in "Course A", "Course Y", "Course Z". Where do you keep that information?