Big Blue Button- Where is recording?

Big Blue Button- Where is recording?

by Anna Rozzo -
Number of replies: 5

Hi there, 

I recorded (I clicked red "record button" and it indicated that it was recording) a recent webinar that our organization held. When the webinar was over, there was not indication of where this recording would be, how to download it, share it, etc. When I closed the Big Blue Button App, the recording was no where to be found.

Help?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anna Rozzo

Re: Big Blue Button- Where is recording?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
My understanding (although I've not used it in a while) is that there is no recording you can download. You have to replay it again in Moodle (or in BBB, anyway). BBB actually saves the instructions to recreate the webinar not a video of it or similar.
In reply to Anna Rozzo

by MANPREET KAUR A/P GURMIT SINGH -
Hi Anna, I'm facing similar issue like yours. I've clicked record and at the end of the session the recording should be uploaded on Moodle. But I'm unable to find my recording . Is there away to retrieve the recording? It's so important for me to retrieve as it's proof of teaching hours. I'm so lost and I really need help. I'm using Moodle version 3.3. Please assist.
In reply to Anna Rozzo

by Dalal Salim -
i am facing this problem with the moodle app.i cant see the recorded live session. If i use the browser i am able to see it..
please help.
In reply to Dalal Salim

by Beta G -
Bigbluebutton recordings are in bigbluebutton server not in Moodle and after each meeting/session those recordings take time to process so in the end they will show to Moodle.

Moodle just makes an API call to recording then everything is from other bigbluebutton server - sometimes a recording takes as much time as session was so have a look later if it shows there.
In reply to Beta G

by jen mosca -
Hi!

Do you know exactly on which folder on the server of BBB are all this recording?

Thanks