Quiz attempts no shown to teacher

Quiz attempts no shown to teacher

by Carly Born -
Number of replies: 5

We are on Moodle 3.6.5.

I have a faculty member who has about 14 Quizzes on his site, with just a few questions in each. All was working fine, and then with Quiz #9 only 5 of the 33 student attempts are shown.  For all quizzes later than that one, there are no attempts shown to the teacher. In some cases, there are 52 student attempts but the teacher is told there are no attempts to display.

I've verified that students did submit attempts by both logging in as them and by look at the quiz_attempts table in the database.  Interestingly, students can see their own attempts even if the teacher cannot.

No one else is reporting this behavior.

I've checked permissions on the quiz and the site, but there is nothing squirrely there. What is super weird is that he has the same problem on both sites that he uses for each of his sections

I'm totally stumped.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carly Born

Re: Quiz attempts no shown to teacher

by Kevin Wiliarty -

You're seeing the same thing as the instructor, right? Have you tried looking for any errors in various logs?

In reply to Kevin Wiliarty

by Carly Born -
I'm not quite sure where to look. The Moodle logs available through the UI indicate all kinds of submissions to these quizzes. I'm without a server admin at the moment, but if you can give me a clue where the server logs might be I can look.
In reply to Carly Born

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Are you sure that the student role has not been given the quiz preview permission? That is what this sounds like...Could be at the site, course or quiz level...
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Carly Born -
Actually, yes, they have. But I don't understand why that would prevent the results from showing up? We did this so that his students could review the quiz content even if they didn't take it before it was due, as a review for the final exam. Giving students the Preview permission was how we did that. Is there another way to do that?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Dani Martínez Lahuerta -

Hello Emma,

I have the same issue. But the quiz preview has not been given to the students. They all did the quiz and i can see it on the logs, but i can't get the results from the quiz. 

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Attachment 2020-10-04_11-29-03.png