Moodle 3.5 User Actvity

Re: Moodle 3.5 User Actvity

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Peter, I too am working with PowerBI, but just not as far as with Tableau.

Maybe so (to your question about course views.) But course views might include admins and teachers, who actually might have the most course views! My focus is on students, so I am filtering on them. Also, sometimes I allow administrators and other teachers into my courses, as students, so they can see what I am doing. I also have to filter out these folks. And you still have to decide if you want to filter out those students who might have been "suspended" for one reason or another.

I don't have all the data compiled, yet, but I think that I am finding "system" hits by students to be significant. For example, a student goes to their course and only observes the calendar. Is the student "active?" Are they doing something? Your call.

So, I am thinking that the best place to start is with what the Complete report shows. This report is still a little bit of summary, so I am going a little deeper. But I do want to be able to replicate the data in this report and make it visual for either a student-view or course-level view. When students are into quizzes, discussions, clicking on pages, and assignments, I think it is safe to say that they are truely "active" with real course content.

Having said all of this, sure, if you want to look at course views, that could be interesting administrative information. My focus is on data to help the instructor, and not necessarily on what might help administrators.