Text Messaging

Text Messaging

od Sam Hussein -
Število odgovorov: 3

I configured moodle to push text messages as an email. everything worked fine expect the received message appears like this :

"New message from System Administrator this is a test message ___________________________ This is a copy of a message s. The message I sent was ( this is a test message). Everything else was added to the message by moodle. where is this coming from and how to disable it? 

Povprečje ocenitev: -
V odgovor na Sam Hussein

Re: Text Messaging

od Acqua Alta -
The text "New message from" MAY be the string "unreadnewmessage" of the "core_message" component.

You can edit language strings in the "Site administration -> Language ->Language customisation" area.
So if this is indeed the relevant string, and you want the preceding text to disappear, you can always delete the original text and replace it with space or a hidden character.

However, I wouldn't do it because maybe this string is displayed in other places, and not just in the e-mail. And if you'll delete it, maybe the e-mail would look "better", but other places would look strange.
V odgovor na Acqua Alta

od Sam Hussein -
I tried changing the strings as advised but I am not familiar with PHP coding. The string that relate to my issue are: 

New message from {$a}

I tried the following       { }
The brackets are still appearing at the start of the message

New message from {$a->name} in {$a->conversationname}

Your help is much a appreciated 

V odgovor na Sam Hussein

od Acqua Alta -
Hi Sam,
The entire "{$a}" text is a placeholder for a text that is inserted dynamically at "run-time", by Moodle.
If you deleted the "$a" text and left only the brackets, the brackets are now regarded by Moodle as regular "{" and "}" characters, so they are displayed at the screen.

But I wonder, why would you want to delete the "{$a}" which is the name of the user that sent the message? It's a basic and relevant information that at least I as a user would want to know - Who sent me this message?