Adding multiple page

Adding multiple page

by Alessio Rizzo -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,
I have a problem with a course, splitted in 80 videos on youtube. 
So I have to adding 80 pages and write the embed code for the player. Doing this online is very annoyng and slow. 
I would like to know if there was a faster method to do this.
Can I create 80 pages with the embed code on my pc and after upload them?
Or maybe, upload the course as a backup (i create a backup, put in it the 80 pages and restore)

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.

I'm using moodle 3.6.3
Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alessio Rizzo

Re: Adding multiple page

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
No stop, don't do anything like that. Moodle is bandwidth light, until you start adding multimedia, then it gets a little heavy. With eighty videos, this could play havoc with your bandwidth if you have a lot of Users downloading videos at the same time. One thing you could try is to create a PDF with the links required in it. Or have a link to an external file somewhere on your server perhaps, outside of your Moodle that opens in a new window that then links to the videos. That way it doesn't use any Moodle resources to download or open videos. Or, you can have this file located on another server, through which you can get to the videos you need your Users to look at.
Something else, I understand you can create a play list or a menu of connected videos. I am not sure if this relates only to your own videos or to any collection of videos you want to put together.  You may use this idea to create a number of menus or playlists to ensure your users only watch the videos you want them to watch. In either case, a single link to this menu item should also work to diminish the bandwidth use on your Moodle.
Someone else may have more information than I do on this, as I only have my own videos on my channel, and none of them are publicly listed. I have no subscribers and my videos can only be accessed by my students in whichever class requires access to my videos.
If you have your own videos, suggest you create your own channel.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Alessio Rizzo

Re: Adding multiple page

by C Behan -

Hi Alessio,

I think you have drudgery ahead of you whatever you do.

However, here are a few pointers that may be helpful.

• If you haven't already, change your preferred editor to Plain Text - that way you're not having to change it every time you go in to edit a page - you'll see the html straight away.
  • Create one page with an embedded YouTube video.
  • If you can, install the mass actions block and duplicate your page over and over again. First you can duplicate 1, then you can duplicate 2, then 4, then 8, then 16, etc. so it won't take so long
  • Then go in to each page - maybe open 10 at a time in tabs. You'll need to paste in the Video name in the title, and just replace the video ID in your embed code. The rest of it won't change anyway.

Put on some good music while you're doing it and it won't be so bad! 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)