Urgent: Mistakes Deleted User Account

Urgent: Mistakes Deleted User Account

by Narit B -
Number of replies: 4

Hi 

I'm using Moodle 3.3.4 

How can i recover the user account and all the learning history after did a mistakes deletion user?

Thank you  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Narit B

Re: Urgent: Mistakes Deleted User Account

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Only be reloading the site from the last backup...

Not all data is deleted from the database when an account is deleted but most of it is. Hence, "are you sure?"
In reply to Howard Miller

by Narit B -
Hi Howard

Yes i agreed with that Hence, "are you sure?" but of course this because of my mistakes and the challenge i already updated and adding many new user account too. if recheck from the last backup i'm not sure that is the good solution.

May i ask for the guide, How can i check the last backup of the site? or Have any way to copy back for only that particular user?

Thank you
In reply to Narit B

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You really can't. If you have a backup you would need to reload the entire site at that point. I know that might be bad news.

Alternatively, use the backup to create a completely separate Moodle site and get any vital data for that user you need.

Either way, that user is definitely deleted. Sorry.
In reply to Narit B

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I wonder whether restoring an (automatic) Course backup with users, taken before the user was deleted would give you the user.