Another invalid login question

Another invalid login question

by randall jones -
Number of replies: 4

Hello and thanks for your help

I have enrolled a student manually, gave him username and password.  I have checked to see if he is enrolled and he is.  When I try to log him into my course it always displays 'invalid login' and 'you are logged in as a guest' at the top.  I wonder if this is the problem. Do I have to disable guest login? My students can log in as guest no problem but I now want them to also log in with their own passwords and usernames for the purpose of taking tests and quizzes. I basically want guests to login but unable to take tests, but I want my students to login with passwords for the purpose of taking tests.  I have looked and I cannot find the answer.

Sorry I can't find my version of moodle either. When I click notification in the nav panel I get a blank webpage. This is all on my own private website so there are no admin or ownership issues.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to randall jones

Re: Another invalid login question

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Have you manually enrolled the student into the course? Or did you want him to self enrol? Either way, personally I would remove guest access because it can cause confusion to students if they are guests and they need to do quizzes as logged in users.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by randall jones -

Thanks Mary,

I manually enroll them.  I figured it out: Have to add user in the main site, then confirm user , then enroll user .  The process took a long time to figure out and the answers on the net didn't work out for me. I love Moodle but it is so %^$# confusing sometimes.

In reply to randall jones

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi - you don't have to confirm the user if you add them manually. Have a look at for example this playlist of beginner Moodle admin videos where there are videos about adding users to the site and to the course