Changing Default Mark

Changing Default Mark

by Michael Allen -
Number of replies: 3

Having set up a test, and been sat by students, I wish to change the default mark for a question from 1 to 2.

I changed the default mark in the question edit - all OK

When I go back to the test the gradebook has not accepted the new default. if I try and regrade the test it refuses to accept the increased mark.

Is it possible to change the default mark after a test has been sat, and then regrade the test?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Allen

Re: Changing Default Mark

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Changing the default mark for the question will have no effect. That is only the default, used when the question is added to the quiz.

The place you need to change the mark is on Quiz settings -> Edit quiz.

If you change the mark there, everything will be updated immediately.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Changing Default Mark

by Michael Allen -
Sorry Tim, probably not explaining myself properly!
I did amend the marks in the edit quiz section.
I have show the relevant code.

In Editing Quiz - Editing a Numerical Question - the Default mark shows as 2.
"<div class="felement ftext" id="yui_3_9_1_3_1569420146131_462"><input size="7" name="defaultmark" type="text" value="2" onblur="validate_qtype_numerical_edit_form_defaultmark(this)" onchange="validate_qtype_numerical_edit_form_defaultmark(this)" id="id_defaultmark"></div>"

On the Results - Responses report it shows the Question as: 33:A and not as I would have expected 33:A(2)
"href="http://cae.oxfordinteractive.com/mod/quiz/report.php?"
"id=10357&mode=responses&attempts=enrolled_with&onlygraded&qtext=0&resp=1&right=0&tsort=response33">33:ASort by 33:A Ascending "

On the Results - Manual grading report it shows the Mark as 1 out of 1.

"<div class="felement ftext" id="yui_3_9_1_3_1569419843819_326"><input type="text" size="0" name="q1157083:33_-mark" id="q1157083:33_-mark" value="1"> out of 1<input type="hidden" name="q1157083:33_-maxmark" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="q1157083:33_:minfraction" value="0"></div>"