The Moodle editor puts junk in the code

Re: The Moodle editor is a piece of -

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Yep, Ken, you got that right. My Uni does use Canvas, which I continue to learn, but do not use because it lacks many of the great features in Moodle (that many of us take for granted.)
Yep, I do use Dreamweaver for all my static pages. What might seem odd to some folks, I have absolutely no "Pages" in any of my courses created by Moodle. You do make me wonder about Ian's issues, if they are with ATTO as seen in discussions, which I always use, or with ATTO as it is used to create Pages. Probably both. Well, this is all very interesting. I came to using Dreamweaver before using Moodle, similar to what you had said, Ken, about "began creating web content when there were no GUI editors..." We all arrive at where we are today by different paths. In my own case, since I have never created "Pages" in Moodle, I have no clue what one can or cannot do. So, Ian, I apologize if I said something weird because I have been thinking only of the editor in forum posting.

However, my comments are valid for what I have said about Canvas. My Uni instructional designers tell me that they have to use HTML whenever they want to do something a little more creative in Canvas' "pages," such as creating a special heading.

I find it interesting, Ken, that you reference the Top 200 Tools for Learning 2019. I was just on this website the other day, and have visited this website over the last 5 years or so. Kind of an interesting site. (Moodle continues to lead Canvas, but Blackboard is falling, Canvas is gaining.) Yes, a bit skewed survey, but fun to watch. This survey seems to be based upon popularity, and nothing to do with functionality. Without a doubt, Canvas has gained in popularity, surpassing Blackboard in the U.S. And also, a lot has to do with what you want to do with these products. I, for example, want to push products as far as I can, so simple products do not make it into my repertoire. For example, I use Adobe Premiere for my video editing, a product that many instructors will not touch because it is too complex. Oh well.