LMS Moodle systems overview ??

LMS Moodle systems overview ??

by Lukas Celinak -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi, im looking for some kind of plugin, maybe service where i can connect my LMS Moodle systems a have a simple overview about version of LMS and installed plugins. I dont know if is Moodle supporting this kind of service or if it created plugin for this, please help. smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lukas Celinak

Re: LMS Moodle systems overview ??

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Here at Catalyst we have a bunch of python scripts that we drop into every web server we manage which reports info on all moodle sites to a central db and then a tool we call "Findmoodle" which interfaces with that db... It's not open source but it's also not likely to be useful to anyone but us..

We often have conversations here about replacing it with something better and potentially as a moodle plugin but every time it comes up we find it being left on the pile of other things we'd like to do one day..

We like that central db to contain info on the plugins in use (and versions), disk usage, number of users logged in in last 30 days etc, It also stores stuff like which git branch is used for the specific site,

What I'd really like would be to have some form of centralised datastore that could be queried - eg it would be nice for us to be able to check things like - get me a list of all my moodle sites that have a particular setting enabled.

will be interesting to hear if anyone else has written something that works well!

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Look in admin for Plugins Overview. Whenever you're in the admin site, it shows you the moodle version in the footer.

In reply to Dave Perry

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
yeah - I think what Lukas is asking for is an aggregation of that data for multiple moodle systems - for an organisation that looks after multiple moodle systems. (like us at catalyst)

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I think my approach would be a local plugin that implements a web service that dumps the entire system configuration as a big JSON structure.

You then just need to stick a front end on that to pull the data and display it however, you wish.

Sounds fun big grin
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Lukas Celinak -
Picture of Plugin developers
Yeah goood solution,

ill try to use it when ill have time.

But maybe trough safety ill make some selects about config data.

On Fri, 25 Oct 2019 at 16:42, Howard Miller (via Moodle.org) <