Teachers overview over tasks that needs to be corrected

Teachers overview over tasks that needs to be corrected

by Morten Abrahamsen -
Number of replies: 4

Hi.

We have just started to use Moodle for a group of schools with some distance learning. 

We have a problem for the teacher to get an overview when logged in what tasks is ready to grade.

The schools concept is that students can select tasks (lets say there are 120). Teacher switch notification off as its to many mails.

He then login but can not find one place where he can see all tasks for a course that needs to be Graded.

He has to click through each task, find the assignment and first there he can see if there are any to be Graded.

We have tried a plugin called "grade me". It kind of works but it does not work on "group" level. So we have a curriculum and 4 groups and in this plugin the teacher sees ALL tasks no matter if its in their own group or not.

Then we tried he plugin "My Feedback". Again works great for students but the teachers can not check students

So my question is:

Is there a way in Moodle, were the teacher log in, goes to dashboard and from there can see all tasks that needs grading in the current course?

Thanks for your time
Morten

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Morten Abrahamsen

Re: Teachers overview over tasks that needs to be corrected

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Morten,

If you're using an up to date version of Moodle, this can be done with the Timeline block. For students, this block on the Dashboard page will display their activities due and the due date. For teachers (who have been assigned as course teacher or as assignment grader), the block will display the 'grade by' due date and a counter for the number of submissions the teacher has to grade.

When the teacher clicks the counter, he/she will automatically enter the grading interface of the assignment.

Would that work for your organisation?

In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Morten Abrahamsen -
Hi Joost
Thank you so much for your answer
In our institution we don't work with due dates. We have a curriculum where the student basically plan her/his studies in his own speed that they have to complete before they go abroad on a volunteer assignment: https://elearning.karuny.com/
Hence the important for teachers to be able to log in an easy get an overview over what has been sent for grading by the student.
As we dont work with activities due and due dates. Would your solution still show all submitted tasks from the student ready to be graded?

Thanks again for your reply
Regards
Morten
In reply to Morten Abrahamsen

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
HI Morten,

I just tested the Assignment display as a teacher in our own Moodle and found that you don't see the assignment or the need to grade submissions unless you've ticked the option 'Remind me to grade by' option under Availability.

Once I ticked this option, I saw the Assignment appear in the Timeline block, with a counter under it showing me how many submissions need grading.

But since that's not really an option, as you already said, there are maybe some other suggestions to think about:
- The teacher role by default sees all groups, but this can be modified to just see your own group and ignore the other ones
- You can assign submissions to graders from the View all submissions overview table if you use grading workflow and assign graders
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Morten Abrahamsen -
Hi again Joost
Thanks for your input and the testing you have done.
It sounds like maybe if the teacher could only see their own group, that would maybe even sort the "grade me" plugin
Very interesting
I will be looking into this next week and hopefully get around this hurdle
I let you know as soon as I have tested this out

Kind Regards
Morten