Moodle Course Design

Moodle Course Design

by Anant Sahni -
Number of replies: 4

Dear All,

We were trying to create a Moodle Course. While creating a course was relatively easy, but we wanted to Design a Visually appealing course. And we could not find too many resources on the same. I found a video on Youtube:

This was a good resource, but it is slightly dated and is only one I could locate..

So wanted to check, if anyone could share some more resources or links to learn and know more about Course Design. Any help or pointers would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Anant Sahni

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anant Sahni

Re: Moodle Course Design

by Acqua Alta -
Hi Anant,
The first thing that I would do in order to create a visually appealing course is... to choose a visually appealing course format smile
Here you could find some candidates:
https://moodle.org/plugins/browse.php?list=category&id=19

My personal favorites are "Grid Format" and "Tiles Format", but of course that there many other good options.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Acqua Alta

by Anant Sahni -
Dear Acqua Alta,

Thanks for your revert. We are using the Grid Format.
What I was looking for was - some kind of guidelines / tips or examples of how someone has created a visually Appealing course.

We think, we know the basic tools and functions, but me and my team, dont have the experience of using these, creatively enough to get a well designed product.

Regards,
Anant Sahni
In reply to Anant Sahni

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I think when considering a "visually appealing course" you need also to bear in mind mobile use/small screen device use and accessibility. Some courses which might look beautiful might not perform very well on smartphones or meet accessibility standards. What level of Moodle expertise do you already have?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Anant Sahni -
Hi Mary,

Small Screen Use: I understand the multitude of devices students may end up using, however to keep our level of complexity manageable, and to focus on creating a Course, we are assuming only a Desktop/Laptop usage. We do plan to use Moodle Mobile App for subsequent usage.

Expertise of Moodle: We are comfortable using basic tools /functions of Course /Quiz Creation/Themes installation. Essentially except Coding/Development expertise, we are somewhat comfortable in basic usage.