Your server does not seem to fully support the following languages

Re: Your server does not seem to fully support the following languages

av Hal MacLean -
Antall svar: 2

Just to add to the many good messages in this thread - I had reason to update the locales on Ubuntu 18 for a server in Singapore. Three languages are running in Moodle - English (GB), Tagalog and Filipino (both get installed if you choose one of those in Moodle). The Language Customisation page was telling me that the required info was not on the server and Moodle was defaulting to AU...

To fix:

1 - log into your server with the command line, and depending on your flavour of Linux, and your permission levels (you may not need the 'sudo' bit), run:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales

2 - A pink screen will open asking you to select the locales that you want. Scroll through using the arrow keys, and select using the space bar all that you need... or select 'ALL' at the top of the list. 

3 - hit the return key and follow the prompts (it'll ask you which you want as your default) until you are back at the command line. The system will tell you it is generating the locales:

list of locales being generated within Ubuntu 18 command line

4 - type: sudo apache2ctl restart
(again, depending on your level of privilege - you may not need to type 'sudo'... but I do)

The system will restart apache and in doing that will restart PHP too. If you then refresh the page in your Moodle you should see the error message about languages has gone.

Took me a moment or two to remember to use the 'Space' bar for making the selection on the pink page... not enough caffeine, clearly.

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering:Useful (2)
Som svar til Hal MacLean

av Jason Hollowell -
Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers
Ok, I'm going quite batty with this one. I have the "Your server does not seem to fully support...." error message. It's giving me that with English (EN). I'm running Moodle 3.10.1+ on Ubuntu 20.04.02 MySql and PHP 7.4. I've installed all locales, restarted Apache, then restarted the entire server because nothing was working. I'm still getting the error. sad

To be clear, I have tried all of the following:

sudo apt install locales-all && sudo locale-gen

sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales (selected all)

sudo apt install language-pack-en

Restarted, cleared cache (out of desperation wink )...but still have the error.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers
Jason

P.S. Wait...I just noticed that on my server, the command  ~$ locale -a

Gives me only:

C
C.UTF-8
POSIX
en_US.utf8

??? Why is that when I ran sudo apt install locales-all && sudo locale-gen...hmmm
Som svar til Jason Hollowell

av Jason Hollowell -
Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers
Darn! Too late to edit. 😱

Ok, like Hal mentioned above, don't forget to use the space bar to select the items you want. 😊 I thought I'd installed all locales but in fact had not. I'm installing all now...a very long list and assume (as dangerous as it is to do that) that everything will be fixed when they are all installed. 

Cheers
Jason