course administration menu disappeared

course administration menu disappeared

by carles lopez -
Number of replies: 1

I have actualized to the new version 3.7 and menu "course administration" is not appearing anymore to editingteachers.

They can add it individually, appearing than on the right frame, but in former versions it has been accessible by default in the left section, with all other navigation menus, not being necessary for everybody to active it in each course.  

The information found in other forums about this topic has not solved the problem, such as giving permission to the block, as all permissions seems to be already correct.

Does anybody have an idea about how to reactivate the “course administration” menu in the default navigation frame for all courses?

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to carles lopez

Re: course administration menu disappeared

by carles lopez -
Self response to the item:

I have allready found out, that the "old" menu is now "present" in a new "modern" layout.
As it is probably not only for me, but also for others not so evident, I paste the tutorial I've made for my teachers.

I hope that can help someone:

In order to restore your courses, many of you have missed the menu "course administration" in the left frame.
In the new version, this menu in now "integrated" at the Title frame as a “gear” icon:
By opening this menu, you will find some of the options from the former "course administration" menu, such as the one needed to restore the copy you’ve made of your course in the old Moodle.
If you’re looking for other options, such as the one allowing you to create groups of students, you need to click on the "more" icon (again a “gear” symbol):
That opens a new window where all “course administration” options are listed. You’ll find the one for creating groups under the Tag "Users":
Average of ratings: Useful (1)