Activiuty and Course Completion

Activiuty and Course Completion

by Lisa Grossman -
Number of replies: 2

Good Morning -

In late August we upgraded from Moodle 2.12 to Moodle 3.5.  A new feature of the upgraded version allows the Admin to "complete" an activity(ies) in a course.  When I do this, as expected the CRON job runs and will complete the course.  Perfect! 

My question is, it doesn't seem to work the other way.  If I "de-select" an activity (uncheck it) - the CRON job doesn't remove the course completion status for the learner.  Since this required activity is no longer complete, why isn't the CRON job updating the course completion status?  Is there a setting I am missing? 

Thanks in advance -

Lisa

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lisa Grossman

Re: Activiuty and Course Completion

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
How often do your CRON jobs run for course completion?
Every minute is often needed for a busy learning environment.
In reply to Lisa Grossman

Re: Activiuty and Course Completion

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hello Lisa,
After rereading your post, I realized my response my not helpful. Course completion can be reset using the Reset function, but it is all or none. All activities for all students.
Or you can reset the quizzes, this is applied to all students.
From the Course Administration pane, select the Reset option. The page will open, will all of the options. The page itself is a little scary, if you have a lot of students and/or a lot of activities in a course.
Do you really want to remove the student's activity? I would backup and restore the course as a fresh course, if you want all student to retake the course.
Kind Regards,
Shirley