Setting up ClamAV on Moodle with Windows Server

Setting up ClamAV on Moodle with Windows Server

by Mahesh Kumar -
Number of replies: 3

Hi All, 

I am setting up a Moodle Server, and wanted help with setting up ClamAV on Moodle. 

I am using Moodle 3.4.x and I am not sure how to go about setting up ClamAV when I am using Windows Server. Any help with this would be appreciated. 

Also is it necessary to install ClamAV on the server itself. 

Regards,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mahesh Kumar

Re: Setting up ClamAV on Moodle with Windows Server

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle 3.4 is no longer supported, so you should use a supported version when setting up a new server.

Setting up ClamAV is a bit beyond the scope of this forum, but they have documentation which includes instructions for Windows. I'd suggest you look at running ClamAV as a service with clamd since this gives you much better performance, but I don't know if this is possible to integrate with Moodle on Windows, since it uses Unix sockets.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Johnson

by Dave Balch -
I recently stumbled across clamdscan (as apposed to clamscan) which enables use of clamd without sockets - I guess that'd be preferred on Windows (assuming it's available).
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dave Balch

by Mahesh Kumar -
I managed to configure the anti-virus on a Windows Server, and yes the I am using the same clamdscan in Windows.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)