Installation on XAMPP not working

Installation on XAMPP not working

by Tawanda Chipato -
Number of replies: 4

Dear All,

I have managed to install moodle 3.7 using XAMPP on my windows 10 machine. Everything had been working well within the site. For example, I managed to change site upload limits, added new users but when i tried to upload a new theme thats when all the problems started.I am now getting this error:

"This site can't be reached,localhost refused to connect"

please help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tawanda Chipato

Re: Installation on XAMPP not working

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Don't know?

Have you tried other themes? Does this problem occur only with one theme? How are you installing the theme? Is your XAMPP moodle environment okay? Have you tried from a different browser?
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Tawanda Chipato -

Hie Rick,

Like I said above I managed to correctly install moodle and I actually was able to add users and even increase the site upload limit without any problem at all. I started getting that error when I tried installing the academia theme. The problem is that now I can not access the site at all. Everything stops at that error ie this site is not reachable.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I have never used the academia theme.  Also, I am not sure how to uninstall a theme manually, but maybe someone here will suggest how to do it.  But it seems to me that it is this academia theme that is causing problems.

Consider reinstalling XAMPP and Moodle.  It should only take you a few minutes.  You might even consider repeating the install of academia theme to decide if it is the real problem.

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
First enable the Developer level debugging in your Moodle config.php file so that you can see more detailed error reporting. See: https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Debugging
That might help reveal what the real problem is.

What process did you follow to install the new theme?