LTI published quizzes error if timer used

LTI published quizzes error if timer used

by Stuart Anderson -
Number of replies: 2

When I embed a moodle quiz insider a consumer (in my case Blackboard), if the quiz has a timer enabled, a javascript error is thrown and aspects of the quiz break.  Having dug deeper I can see from the javascript error this is directly related to the quiz timer.  However, it is worth noting that when quizzes are embedded in a consumer, the side blocks are hidden/not included and this includes the quiz navigation block where the timer would normally display.

The issue here (I believe) is that embedded quizzes don't display the quiz navigation block so when the javascript makes a call to update it, there is a setContent() function call which throws a null object error (I see this in the error message) - there literally is no timer component to update on screen.

Is this an error anyone else can reproduce and do you know of any known work arounds?

Thanks,

Stuart.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stuart Anderson

Re: LTI published quizzes error if timer used

by Stuart Anderson -
I can now expland on this a bit more. The problem I am seeing breaks the display of MathJax rendered content within the quiz question which for my purposes essentially breaks the quiz question. I've raised a bug and added a lot more detail to the problem which others might find useful to note. Bug https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-66544