Show quiz navigation block - Moodle as LTI provide

Show quiz navigation block - Moodle as LTI provide

by Benjamin Norris -
Number of replies: 3

I am using Moodle 3.4 as a LTI provider for my course in our institution's Canvas implementation. 

So that each Moodle quiz shows up as its own gradebook item, I am creating individual publish as LTI provider enrollment methods for each quiz. This generally work fine, but the default behavior when the LTI tool launches in Canvas is to hide all of the Moodle blocks. I want to show my students the quiz navigation block so that they can see the timer for timed quizzes. With this block hidden, the timer is also hidden,

I figure I can force this block to be shown with a custom parameter, but I do not know which one to pass.

I'll settle for a comprehensive list of custom parameters I can pass back to Moodle from Canvas. 

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Benjamin Norris

Re: Show quiz navigation block - Moodle as LTI provide

by Ryan Nutt -

Came here to ask the exact same question. Any luck? Closest I've gotten is to show all the blocks, but I don't want headers and all of that. 

I've used Moodle in the past, but our school district is using Canvas.  My goal is to embed quizzes into Canvas from Moodle so that I can use adaptive questions.  I've used adaptive in the past and prefer it for quick check quizzes.  Unfortunately, Canvas doesn't have anything close. 

There's other reasons I'd rather be using Moodle full stop, but this one that I haven't found a good work around for yet. 

In reply to Ryan Nutt

by Benjamin Norris -

I have not solved this problem. 

How did you figure out how to show all blocks? I can set them to be visible to instructors only, but not to students. If you have figured out how to show them all to students, I will settle for that.

In reply to Benjamin Norris

by Ryan Nutt -

Confused myself... I can hide blocks for everybody, but haven't figured out how to turn them on. 

Was thinking if I could turn them on for everybody I could hide what I don't want with CSS