How to prevent student to skip or jump question?

How to prevent student to skip or jump question?

by jintana imruksa -
Number of replies: 10
Hello, I want to prevent from skipping to the next part of the exam. For example, I have 50 exams, but my students take only 40 simple exams. My quiz show all only one page. Thank you.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to jintana imruksa

Re: How to prevent student to skip or jump question?

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

In the quiz settings, under Layout set the Navigation method to Sequential.

https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Quiz_settings

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

ตอบ: Re: How to prevent student to skip or jump question?

by jintana imruksa -

Thank you ,

yes i see. But I can skip the question without choosing an answer

i want to force student select choice before click finish.

Re: ตอบ: Re: How to prevent student to skip or jump question?

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello Jintana,

You probably can do it by inserting a Java script into the questions, which would hide the navigation block and the Next page button until answers are chosen by the students.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: How to prevent student to skip or jump question?

by jintana imruksa -
Thank you very much, but i dont know how to insert java script or where can i place it, so sorry >.<

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: How to prevent student to skip or jump question?

by Dominique Bauer -
I may be able to help you with this, but only next week.

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: How to prevent student to skip or jump question?

by jintana imruksa -
Thanks so much.

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: How to prevent student to skip or jump question?

by Dominique Bauer -

Hello Jintana,

You will find an example on how to do it at Prevent moving forward during a quiz ↗.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: How to prevent student to skip or jump question?

by jintana imruksa -

Thanks for your kindness big grin

i have seen it , it's might be work.but i have 100 -200 questions.So that hard to do every quesion.

but i will try it's a good guide.

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: How to prevent student to skip or jump question?

by Dominique Bauer -

Hello Jintana,

Since you have a lot of questions, it would be advantageous to use the Generico filter. It is very easy to install and use. With the template defined below, all you will need to insert in the question text is {GENERICO:type=preventSkipping}.

ForumQuiz-20190907-0805.png

Average of ratings: Useful (2)

Re: ตอบ: Re: How to prevent student to skip or jump question?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi jintana,
You may have your reasons, but from a pedagogical point of view I don't think it's a good idea to force a student to answer a question (if they don't know the answer).
If a student does not know an answer, and you force them to select an answer, they may either select a correct or an incorrect answer, but you will never know whether their choice was made out of knowledge or ignorance. Is that what you really want?
Have you considered using the Certainty-based marking option in your quizzes?
Average of ratings: Useful (3)