bug on access restrictions ?

bug on access restrictions ?

by REMI PICARD (substitute) -
Number of replies: 3

hi,

does anybody test the restrict access on that activity ?

i put a rule which does not work, looks like a bug.

i don't want the certificat is show/available for the student while the user fied XXXX contains the word "specimen".

i also tried the revert rule (do not contain) but the certificat is always available ! is it normal ?

My aim is the teacher must trigger the availability of the certificate. To perform that, he needs to add a appreciation note (a text) in the user field (custom user field added to student profil in invisible mode). By default, that fields is filled with "specimen" word until the teacher put his note.

so it did not work the certificate is available whatever the accessibility rule....

Best regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to REMI PICARD (substitute)

Re: bug on access restrictions ?

by Mathieu PLAS -

Hi Pierre,

I'm using the access restriction for this plugin but not with user field. I'm using instead an assignment that only teachers can access. With this trick you can restrict access if the grade does not match the one you are waiting for...

Best,

Mathieu

Attachment Capture.PNG
In reply to Mathieu PLAS

by REMI PICARD (substitute) -

hi,

thank you for your reply.

so i guess the matter came from the plugin activity, not from the moodle engine.

i could use the assignement activity but how a teacher can upload there a document (his certificate) for only a student ? when the teacher put a document, there is no field to affect it to a student.

best regards

ps : Mathieu, vous êtes français aussi ? vous travaillez aussi avec Moodle pour un institut qui certifie du FLE ?

In reply to REMI PICARD (substitute)

by Mathieu PLAS -

Hi Pierre,

The assignement doesn't have to receive any document. It's just a way to give a grade and let access to the certificate. That's the way I'm using it for the purpose of my example and it works.

You can write to me in french at my professionnal adress mathieu.plas AT univ-rennes2.fr if you want to continue that discussion in french.

Best,

Mathieu