Separate Groups in Questionnaire Throw "No Responses"

Separate Groups in Questionnaire Throw "No Responses"

by Colby Miller -
Number of replies: 5

Hello everyone,

We're encountering an issue with a questionnaire on our site. The course is set to work with separate groups, the questionnaire is set to use separate groups, and the group functionality across the rest of the site seems to work fine.

When we go to "View All Responses" in the questionnaire, we can see the responses of everyone who took the questionnaire when "All participants" is selected. However, if we then try to break this down by group, when we select the group from the drop down menu, it simply throws an answer of "No responses." Despite my best efforts of searching for this issue I have not been able to come up with a solution. Please see screenshots below to see exactly what we are experiencing. 

Another odd thing is that the group functionality works just fine if we download the responses as a CSV, the CSV will only include members responses from that group.

Hopefully someone has encountered an issue similar to this before. We really appreciate any help on this, thank you so much. First post here but we've used these forums an awful lot in the past, rest assured you've helped us out many times before.

-Colby

Attachment Capture All participants.PNG
Attachment Capture No responses.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colby Miller

Re: Separate Groups in Questionnaire Throw "No Responses"

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Please post both the version of Moodle and the version of Questionnaire you are using.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Colby Miller -
Hello Mike,
Thank you for the quick response! Let me find this information and I will post it ASAP.
-Colby

by Colby Miller -
Hello again Mike,
Sorry this took so long to find. I don't have enough accesses to see the versions normally and haven't gotten a response from our upper site admins, but was able to find a workaround through downloading a backup of the course and looking at the .xml files. The Moodle version we are running is 2018120302.05 (3.6.2+) Build: 20190124. The Questionnaire module version we are running is 2018050107 supposedly, but I can't find that version listed in the Questionnaire module version history.
Thanks!
-Colby
In reply to Colby Miller

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
That would be release 3.5.2 of the questionnaire. There are two newer releases: 3.5.4 or 3.6.1.
Release 3.5.3 fixed reported issue #162 in Github, which sounds like the problem you're having. Update to either 3.5.4 or 3.6.1 (preferred) to have the fixed.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Colby Miller -
Hi Mike,
Again, thank you so much. Appreciate the response and all the work you continue to do to build us modules like the Questionnaire. I apologize for not seeing or thinking to search for the issue on Github prior to asking, I will be sure to do that with future issues. I'll work with our site admins to see how we can go about getting ours updated.
This was a huge help, thanks again,
-Colby