Questionnaire - missing tabs

Questionnaire - missing tabs

by roy bentley -
Number of replies: 7

I am using the Moodle 3.71 and questionnaire module 2018110101. In the Questionnaire summary view for instance, there are no tabs for  "Advanced settings", "Questions" "Feedback" and "Preview" - just text which all runs together. Can you help (see attachment)?

Attachment questionnaire problem.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to roy bentley

Re: Questionnaire - missing tabs

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Are you using a standard theme? If not, try a standard theme and see if the issue goes away.
In reply to Mike Churchward

by roy bentley -
Sorry I should have said - I am using the adaptable theme 2.1.0 (20190725000). Surely there is a way of correcting this issue without abandoning this highly popular Moodle theme? I would be grateful for any advice. Changing theme would be an absolute last resort.
In reply to roy bentley

by Mike Churchward -
There may be... But first we need to determine if the theme is the cause. Please try a standard theme and see if the problem persists.
If it turns out to be the adaptable theme, then we need to figure out if the problem is with the questionnaire's display code, or if "adaptable" needs a fix.

by roy bentley -
Thanks
Boost Theme and Classic Theme: tabs appear on mouse-over.
So I guess the problem is with the Adaptable theme.
In reply to roy bentley

by Mike Churchward -
I just did a test install with Moodle 3.7.1 and the latest release of the Adaptable theme (2.1.1 (2019081500)). Everything appears fine (see screen grab):

Screenshot of tabs

Make sure you are using the latest version of Adaptable. The page indicates it was updated to use Boost as a parent theme, which I believe is necessary for Moodle 3.7.

by roy bentley -
I am using Moodle 3.7.1 so it seems that I just needs to use the same version of the Adaptable theme as you did (mine is slightly older). Fingers crossed, and thanks smile

by roy bentley -

Thanks for for your extremely useful guidance. I now have Adaptable theme 2.1.1 (2019081500) in place as you advised, and the tab display problem has gone!!