Adaptable 2.1.0 Support Thread

Re: Adaptable 2.1.0 Support Thread

by Jez H -
Number of replies: 4
Hi Ismael,

1) can you tell me if you still see that issue if you test with this version (do not put this on a live site):

https://gitlab.com/3bits/moodle-theme_adaptable2/-/archive/master/moodle-theme_adaptable2-master.zip

I just tested and the dashboard icon is fine on my sites with that version.

2) Should definitely be fixed with the above versoin, I will try and update here on Moodle.Org tomorrow to remedy that

3) No that is not driven by role but by profile fields or custom profile fields. So as an administrator you can add new profile fields to Moodle which we then populate with additional information about our users and that is what what those restrictions can be used for. The settings can be found under:

site administration > users > accounts > user profile fields

But you need a way to populate those fields, we do this via integration with our student records system adding information about faculty, school, whether they are staff or student etc.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jez H

by Ismael Dabo -
Hi Jez,

Thank you for your fast reply. I have just tested the Adaptable link you've provided.

The Dashboard icon is still missing from the top menu but the Administration icon is now back.

Thank you for the confirmation on URL links feature with permissions/restrictions.

I am testing at the moment on my personal machine so no harm is done.

What should be the best course of action here, reset it all by removing and re-installing?

Thank you,

Ismael
In reply to Ismael Dabo

by Jez H -
Hi Ismael,

Have you tried purging all caches to see if the dashboard icon comes back?

I just added another release with a higher version number that will let you upgrade again if you need to, I am not sure what you meant by un-install / re-install?
In reply to Jez H

by Ismael Dabo -
Hi Jez,

Sorry for the delay replying. The moodle instance is on my laptop and I believe that the package installed might be the issue as I have purged all the caches and tried several other manoeuvres. So I will wipe that instance and start clean with your latest version. I will keep you updated if I still get the same issue. Once again thank you for your prompt reply.
In reply to Jez H

by Ismael Dabo -
Hi Jez,

I think I got the issue now.
I have done a clean install and after importing my Adaptable Theme settings some elements are disappearing (the original export is from Moodle 3.6 and older version of Adaptable).
Though refreshing the caches seemed to sort it, I will send over screenshots if I find something odd.

Is there a reset button to remove what the imported from the Adaptable Theme settings?

Ismael