Scheduler appointments in Timeline?

Scheduler appointments in Timeline?

by Henning Bostelmann -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Scheduler users

Currently, scheduler appointments are shown in a user's calendar but not in the Timeline block (or the timeline of the Course Overview block in Moodle 3.5 and earlier). There's currently a proposal to change that (CONTRIB-7427).

If you have any opinion on whether the events should show up in the timeline (for students? for teachers? for everyone?)  then please weigh in, either there (CONTRIB-7427) or in this thread.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Henning Bostelmann

Re: Scheduler appointments in Timeline?

by Acqua Alta -

Hi Henning,

I support this improvement. In my opinion, the "Timeline" block is more noticeable than the "Calendar" block, and in the long run would be more popular. Users would get used to see their next events in this area.

Think about it this way - The main events that appear in the timeline are due dates of assignments , that are in the end softer than scheduler events. If you miss a due date (which doesn't have a cut-off date, and most don't have in my opinion, at least in my country), it's not optimal but the student can still submit the paper before the teacher actually grade it. However, if you miss a scheduler event, you actually miss a meeting, and someone wasted his time for you. So in that manner, scheduler events are even more important than due dates when thinking about what should appear in the "Timeline" block.

Thanks a lot for the great plugin and for thinking about such improvements for it smile