Homepage Header Empty Fordson theme

Homepage Header Empty Fordson theme

by Dhruva Maharaja D -
Number of replies: 9

Using Moodle 3.7.1 with Fordson theme set to Boost preset and all Layout Settings to their defaults the HOME page has a big white empty space for a header (with tiny our logo on the left).

When Users click a course or other page, this header is filled with appropriate information......but is there something I can do to fill this big empty space on the HOME  page?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dhruva Maharaja D

Re: Homepage Header Empty Fordson theme

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Per the private message you sent me, please include a screenshot.
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Dhruva Maharaja D -

Here is a screenshot of the HOME page. Note the empty header, and space below the icons. Thanks!

by Chris Kenniburg -
If you choose the Boost default preset it will look like Boost. Boost doesn't have header images. The space between icons and courses could be from hidden text in the Custom Frontpage Textbox. I'd go into code view and delete any line breaks that might be hidden.

by Dhruva Maharaja D -

Thanks for the tips Chris.....I tried all the other presets, but keep getting the same result on the HOME page....but it was worth the effort because I ended up really liking the Spectrum-Achromatic preset after working with it.

I also figured out the empty space below the header -- it was the Summary of Site area.

Here is the HOME page now with the Spectrum-Achromatic preset.....still with nothing in the header...but note below when change pages the header appears (how do I adjust the color of that header text?) Thanks once again for your guidance..

by Chris Kenniburg -
Because you use a logo it appears on the site home. That is default moodle behavior. remove the logos.

by Dhruva Maharaja D -

Oh man......thank you Chris! I've been going nuts trying every detail I could think of....but never thought of that. Just goes to show why we need teachers and guides. As soon as I changed the configuration, it worked.

God bless.

by Chris Kenniburg -
Great to hear you got it sorted out. You learned a new default behavior of Moodle and themes. There are so many options and settings in Moodle it can be overwhelming. Good luck and let us know if you have any suggestions for improving Fordson.