LDAP Authentication, Auto-Login Failed, NTLM

LDAP Authentication, Auto-Login Failed, NTLM

by Yasser Farid -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, 
we are using on premises Moodle E-Learning portal within our MS Windows Domain & Active Directory based network as per following environment:

Moodle Env

Although LDAP settings give succesfull conntection with LDAP server as follows:

LDAP connect 

but always when trying to login got Auto-Login failed with the following message, then go to manual login screen:

LDAP error

as new with Moodle MS AD integration using LDAP, if please anyone can help where to start troubleshooting to solve this issue, and fulfill integration & LDAP authentication,

Thanks, & best regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yasser Farid

Re: LDAP Authentication, Auto-Login Failed, NTLM

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
What is sync plus - must be a plugin? You might try posting to the developers there - this is not a typical failed ldap error...
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Yasser Farid -
Hi Emma,
Thanks for your reply, yes we tried additional LDAP server (Sync plus) plugin trying to solve the mentioned issue as it happens with the default Moodle LDAP server plugin,

as well as I already uninstaled the LDAP (sync plus) additional plugin now, and trying again with the default Moodle LDAP server, getting the same issue as follows:

LDAP default

AUTO-Login Failed

any suggestion to troubleshoot and fix this issue please,

Thanks, & best regards

In reply to Yasser Farid

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
So I would start by turning off the SSO part - I suspect your ldap auth is actually working, it is just the SSO part that is not. That would confirm that. If the ldap auth is not working without the sso, post that error message here.
If ldap auth is working, I have not set up SSO myself so not 100% sure where to go but would search SSO login failure in Google maybe and see if that pulls anything up.
In reply to Yasser Farid

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Having a look at the second image you posted, I'd say something odd is probably going on with .../auth/ldap/ntlmsso_attempt.php file. If you look closely at that image, there is a "broken image" icon after "Attempting Single Sign On via NTML..." text and before "ntlmsso_magic.php?sesskey=GG9ixAfCPm".

The "broken image" icon should not be visible, as there should be a single pixel image there, whose content should be obtained from a URL that points to "ntlmsso_magic.php?sesskey=GG9ixAfCPm". I.e., you shouldn't be seeing that URL anywhere in your page.

So I suspect the last lines of the .../auth/ldap/ntlmsso_attempt.php have been modified, and those modifications broke the code there.

Saludos.

Iñaki.