Privacy in an LTI tool provider

Privacy in an LTI tool provider

by George Schaathun -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers

We are planning to use Moodle as an LTI tool provider for certain types of quizzes. The question rises how to deal with personal information across LTI and on the Moodle side. Is there any established «best practice» or dedicated features to manage this?

Moodle has its GDPR API, which seems to be well thought-out. In an ideal world, I reckon, we would see this integrated across LTI so that the consumer can manage both disclosure and removal across all providers. I don't suppose we are there yet.

It would be convenient, then, I think, if the teacher, after a module is completed, can delete all LTI users associated with the module.  I have noticed that every LTI instance is associated with a key, where LTI users get the same account on the provider for all instances with the same key. It would be quite sufficient if users associated with a given key could deleted easily in bulk, but we have not found such a feature.  Is it possible?  (I am sure we can do it with relative ease in SQL, but I'd rather have code which somebody else has tested and a GUI button or some such.)

TIA

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to George Schaathun

Re: Privacy in an LTI tool provider

by Patrick Scott -
did you get an answer this? what did you end up doing to achieve this? I happen to need the same functionality
In reply to Patrick Scott

Re: Privacy in an LTI tool provider

by George Schaathun -
Picture of Plugin developers
No, I did not pursue it.
It is really the administrative head of our LMS platform which has the burden, to contact every LTI provider if she gets a request for disclosure from a student, and she was not overly bothered by the manual work involved. And then the whole issue bumped down my list of priorities.
I would still welcome the feature though.
:-- George