User Access to Backup Areas

User Access to Backup Areas

by Andy Anderson -
Number of replies: 3
For security reasons we removed the restore permissions from our teacher role, but still wanted to allow them to create and download backups of their courses and activities. However, the backup process completes but then always ends up on the Restore page, to which they don’t have access. As an administrator I can access the restore page and see  both the course backup area and my user private backup area below the restore options, as in the attachment.

But teachers cannot see this.  The question is, how can they access their backup area directly to download their files? I can’t find anything in the documentation or the discussions.

We’re running v. 3.6.

Thanks,

— Andy
Attachment Restore Page.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Anderson

Re: User Access to Backup Areas

by Dominique Palumbo -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

related to backup you've all these capabilities :

Anonymise user data on backup
Backup courses
Backup sections
Backup for publishing on Moodle.net
Backup for import
Configure backup options
Download files from backup areas
Backup user data
Backup activities

I suppose that if you add Download files from backup areas capability (or mix some) to teacher role they'll be able to download backup.

Hope it's help.

Dominique.

In reply to Dominique Palumbo

by Andy Anderson -
That permission is provided. The question is how the user can directly access the backup area without also going through a restore page.

Thanks,

— Andy
In reply to Andy Anderson

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
How a teacher can go straight to the backup area is a puzzle to me. I do a mock backup and then enter the manage backups.