Text Editors on Other Fields in User Profile

Text Editors on Other Fields in User Profile

by Jon Gillis -
Number of replies: 2

Hello.

I have had a request to add an "Other Field" to the user profiles that will allow them to record a pronunciation of the students name.  I added a field to the user profile, but when I edit any profile, I don't get the same ATTO editor for the Other Fields as I do for the Description field in that profile.    I have tried with the default and tinyMCE text editors disabled, and with my preference set to ATTO.

Essentially, the sound and video recording buttons never show up in Other Fields.  See 2 pics below.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Gillis

Re: Text Editors on Other Fields in User Profile

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Instead of adding another field, why not go ahead and do the recording in the Description? Moodle is already designed to allow audio and video recording there. I am pretty sure that doing it in an additional field would require hacking core code, which is NOT recommended.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Text Editors on Other Fields in User Profile

by Jon Gillis -
That was my suggestion to the Moodle team here, but I get wanting it in it's own field.

I am definitely not going to modify anything, and for now I will have to report it just won't work