Grades not posting to gradebook - random error

Grades not posting to gradebook - random error

by Steve Noonkesser -
Number of replies: 1
I am using Moodle 1.5.1 and am having a strange gradebook problems.

When teachers enter grades for students (sems to happen across all types of grade entries - assignment, quiz, etc.) some student grades show up in the record and record to their records just fine, but for other students (and it is random which students and on which assignments) posted grades do not register at all and if you go to the individual student's record it shows up as a 0 - but it cannot be edited...  The strange part about this is that

I have tried this both through and around the proxies (as it was suggested by a friend that it might be a proxy caching issue).  I have also tried both Firefox 1.5 and Safari 2 on a Mac to do the editing.  The Moodle installation is on a Mac OS X v.10.4.4 server running Apache 1.3, PHP 5.04 and MySQL 4.0.21

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
In reply to Steve Noonkesser

Re: Grades not posting to gradebook - random error

by Heather Jackson -

Hi Steve,

I just had the same problem with quiz grades not posting to the gradebook for some students. I was able to fix it (purely by accident -- basically, trying everything I could think of) by going into the quiz "reports" area and clicking on the "regrade attempts" tab. I don't know how or why it worked, but it did.

- Heather